Laser displacement sensor is a commonly used measuring instrument. It is mainly used for the measurement of physical quantities such as length, distance, vibration, speed, and orientation. It can also be used for flaw detection and monitoring of atmospheric pollutants. Laser displacement sensors have many advantages such as accurate measurement, wide measurement range, easy maintenance, and strong durability, and are widely used in many industries. Today, I mainly introduce the common application fields of laser displacement sensors, which can help you understand the specific applications of laser displacement sensors.
- Size determination: position identification of tiny parts; monitoring the presence of parts on the conveyor belt; detection of material overlap and coverage; robot position control (tool center position); equipment status detection; equipment position detection (through small holes); liquid level monitoring; Thickness measurement; Vibration analysis; Crash test measurement; Automotive related tests, etc.
- Thickness measurement of metal flakes and thin plates: Laser displacement sensors measure the thickness of metal flakes (thin plates). Thickness change detection can help find wrinkles, pinholes or overlaps to avoid machine failure.
- Cylinder measurement, simultaneous measurement: angle, length, inner and outer diameter eccentricity, taper, concentricity, surface profile.
- Filling level detection on the production line: The laser displacement sensor is integrated into the manufacturing of the filling product. When the filled product passes the sensor, it can detect whether it is full. Through the extension of the reflection surface of the laser beam, the sensor can accurately identify whether the filling of the filling product is qualified and the quantity of the product.
- Electronic component detection: Use two laser scanners, placed face to face as shown in the figure below, place the component under test between the two, and finally read the data through the sensor, so as to detect the dimensional accuracy, components and integrity.
- Uniformity inspection: Arrange multiple laser sensors in a row along the inclination direction of the workpiece to be measured, and output the measured value directly through one sensor. Additionally, measurements can be calculated using software and read from signals or data. result.
- Length measurement: place the component under test at the specified position on the conveyor belt, the laser displacement sensor detects the component and measures it at the same time with the trigger laser scanner, and finally the length of the component is obtained.